A selection of herb cuttings from the garden or your local supermarket x 3
3 Moccona jars
Ribbon 0.5-1cm wide (optional)
1. Fill jars with 2/3 full with cool water. Don’t use distilled water as all the minerals will have been removed!
2. Remove any flowers from your herbs, as these waste plant energy!
3. Trim your herb stems to approx. 15cm high
4. Optional: measure and cut 60cm ribbon
5. Centre jar neck along ribbon and wrap ribbon around jar neck 3 x to fully cover neck with ribbon
6. Tie bow in centre with remaining length and trim tails on a diagonal angle, as desired
7. Pop your herbs into the jars and display in indirect light on a windowsill for a beautiful little reminder of the little things we can do to make a difference at home!
TIP: Though Basil is an annual herb that is usually grown from seed, it is one of the easiest plants to propagate by cuttings and can even develop roots in water. Other simple herbs to propagate in water: